Incidents resulting in severe bleeding can and have happened in zoological facilities – that’s why it’s important for professionals working in the Exotic Animal Industry to understand what they can do to STOP THE BLEED in these critical situations.
Someone who is suffering from severe blood loss can bleed to death in as little as five minutes. STOP THE BLEED offers courses that train individuals on bleeding control, or how to keep blood inside the body, which is available both in-person and online. Both in-person and online courses are available at no cost.
Learn More and Get Trained to STOP THE BLEED:
- Visit the STOP THE BLEED website
- Take the online STOP THE BLEED Interactive Course
- The interactive course is a virtual alternative to the in-person lecture presentation. The STOP THE BLEED® Interactive Course guides individuals through the three methods of bleeding control using video demonstrations, interactive learning, and spontaneous quizzes. This STOP THE BLEED® Interactive Course is free to all students and can be taken multiple times to learn and refresh knowledge of the STOP THE BLEED® Course.
- Find in-person STOP THE BLEED courses near you
- Most STOP THE BLEED® courses last no more than 90 minutes. A formal presentation is followed by hands-on practice of applying direct pressure, packing a wound, and using a tourniquet to stop bleeding. If you don’t see a course available near you, contact your local hospital and ask for one to be held in your local community.
- You can also organize in-person STOP THE BLEED® courses for a group. There are tens of thousands of instructors around the U.S. and world. You can find someone nearby to come teach a course for your group by contacting [email protected].
- Buy STOP THE BLEED kits and supplies
- STOP THE BLEED Resource Hub