To promote the institutional development of contingency plans, The ZAHP Fusion Center will offer a series of micro-grants to exotic animal industry facilities to assist with their contingency planning. Sound contingency planning requires scheduled meetings, including local planning partners, first responders and facility staff. The Fusion Center is offering to assist with individual planning by providing support (via reimbursement) for facility planning meetings and subsequent plan development.
The Fusion Center will award up to 8 – $500.00 micro-grants to assist in the planning process in the exotic animal industry. These funds can be used for meeting expenses such as lunches (excluding alcohol), printed materials, mileage for travel, or to assist with time spent by employees in the planning process.
How to Apply
To apply please complete the application and questionnaire (questions begin on page 3) . Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until all funds have been awarded or June 1, 2017, whichever comes first. Selection criteria will be based on the following:
- Existing plans
- Priority will be given to facilities that have the furthest to go to develop a contingency plan.
- Facilities with dangerous animals will be given priority.
- Non-profit entities will be given priority
- Match to the grant
- Facilities are asked to describe the ‘match’ to the $500.00 grant. This could be in the form of meals provided to participants (excluding alcohol), or staff time committed to the meeting and subsequent plan development.
- Cooperation and Collaboration
- Any proposal that would bring together two or more facilities would be given priority. That networking with local stakeholders and similar facilities encourages local & regional collaboration with other like facilities or groups.
If Your Facility is Selected
The ZAHP Fusion Center will arrange a conference call with each facility that is awarded a grant. This will be an opportunity to clear up any questions about the award process or expectations for awardees.
The facility must hold the supported meeting by July 31, 2017 to allow ample time to complete the mandatory follow up questionnaire and phone consult, and to allow for processing of reimbursement.
Reporting Requirements and Reimbursement:
Requirements for receiving reimbursement will include completion of a post-meeting questionnaire, plus a phone interview with the Fusion Center. This will allow the Fusion Center to capture any additional lessons learned, gaps, or ways forward for individual planning. Reimbursements are payable upon completion of these requirements.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this opportunity.