The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) held ASF Action Week from September 13-17, 2021 in light of recent outbreaks in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Though ASF has never been detected in the United States, these resources will teach you about actions that APHIS is taking to safeguard the United States, biosecurity measures that you can implement now to protect the U.S. herd, and more.
Below is a list of the webinars offered by APHIS during ASF Action Week and links to webinar recordings:
- African Swine Fever: Where it Exists and What’s At Stake (Recorded on September 13, 2021)
- Steps the United States/APHIS is Taking to Prevent and Prepare for ASF (Recorded on September 14, 2021)
- ASF and the Benefits of Biosecurity (Recorded on September 15, 2021)
- What to Expect in an ASF Outbreak (Recorded on September 16, 2021)
- ASF and the Feral Swine Factor (Recorded on September 17, 2021)